Open a specific page or pages broken since KB4023057 / KB5003173 (only works if you set Bing as the default search engine).....

Anonymous
2021-05-12T21:29:00+00:00

Since installing KB4023057 / KB5003173 the Edge 'On start up' setting of 'Open a specific page or pages' no longer works.... Well I say it no longer works... It works if you set the default search engine to Bing, anything other than Bing and it only brings up the MSN news feed (as you would normally get when you open a new tab).

This is pretty annoying, and a big issue in my opinion (forcing people into using Bing, especially with the new nag windows that you cannot get rid of).....

Microsoft Edge | Open the browser | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-29T13:13:21+00:00

    i had same problem but there is a new update for edge check if you got it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-29T08:14:16+00:00

    I have been using the nag window in settings (top right 'restore recommended browser settings') or the Edge 'reset defaults'. For me, every time I do this (and Bing ends up as the default search engine) then the problem goes away....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-05-29T07:23:06+00:00

    maybe if you try putting google or something else it will work

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-28T18:55:03+00:00

    Same problem here Tried setting bing as default search and keeps reverting back to missing the pages in my startup. Guesss I'll be going back to chrome again if Microsoft keep breaking things

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-05-28T12:26:29+00:00

    You mean you reset Edge to defaults? I just did that, but made no difference. Still will not retain my start up page as long as the default search engine is not Bing.... As soon as I change it back to Bing, poof - my designated start up page dissapears to be replaced by the new tab window.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments