Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Since installing KB4023057 / KB5003173 the Edge 'On start up' setting of 'Open a specific page or pages' no longer works.... Well I say it no longer works... It works if you set the default search engine to Bing, anything other than Bing and it only brings up the MSN news feed (as you would normally get when you open a new tab).
This is pretty annoying, and a big issue in my opinion (forcing people into using Bing, especially with the new nag windows that you cannot get rid of).....
Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thank you for this, and it does resolve the issue. However, I note that on my working install (HP Z2) this is set to default, and I have no issues….. Therefore, disabling this (on my Dell XPS 13) is essentially a workaround that supresses the issue and not a ‘fix’…
That said, this option might actually be of benefit if it also supresses the nag windows which seem to have ramped up in the last couple of weeks….
I see if "Show feature recommendations" flag is disabled, the startup page works correctly.
Paste this in the address bar:
edge://flags/#edge-show-feature-recommendations
Disable the flag and restart your browser.
Edit: 1 AM PT
The bug has been resolved on its own. So the Flag isn't necessary. Restart the browser.
Having this exact same problem since the last windows update. Set Edge to any search engine other than Bing and my homepages stop loading.
Started straight after the 21H1 update.
Also have this issue. And yes, everything magically goes back to normal if I set Bing as my default search engine. Disgusting, if intentional.
Edit: Edge 91.0.864.37 build, Windows 10 21H1, 19043.1023 build.
There are not enough expletives to describe how I am feeling now. Having restarted the browser upon this update, it has reverted back to being broken again.......
I am not sure how to force that dialogue again (when you open Edge and it asks if you want to keep your settings) as it seemed to fix things (for about two minutes).....