Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Since installing KB4023057 / KB5003173 the Edge 'On start up' setting of 'Open a specific page or pages' no longer works.... Well I say it no longer works... It works if you set the default search engine to Bing, anything other than Bing and it only brings up the MSN news feed (as you would normally get when you open a new tab).
This is pretty annoying, and a big issue in my opinion (forcing people into using Bing, especially with the new nag windows that you cannot get rid of).....
Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
mine didnt do that and now im setting it up again after i retured it to default and it seems like the problem was fixed
I updated on Wednesday to 21H1 and associated updates (assumed it was a patch Tuesday) and the problem persisted. However, this morning upon opening Edge it prompted me with the 'Do you want to keep your settings / Restore to Microsoft defaults' dialogue, where I selected 'keep my current settings' - and the problem is now resolved....
Seems I am on Version 90.0.818.66, and it is now updating to Version 91.0.864.37 as I write this post (quite the numerical bump)...
Good point - I took that new be a new profile rather than guest profile (I thought it was odd to be asked something that had already been tried...). I will edit my comment.
OK I uninstalled Edge using a program called 'geek' (PowerShell command would not get rid of it....). Then reinstalled by normal browser download, and still the same..... :(
Hi Ben,
Thanks for taking up the baton, answers below:
Seems to be OK in both Dev & Canary which is interesting.....
Maybe I should uninstall Edge using PowerShell and reinstall (not sure how to pull the latter).
Cheers,
Mark