Microsoft Edge keeps closing soon after opening. This is occurring after their most recent update was automatically installed around 2/10/2023. Why is this occurring?

Anonymous
2023-02-12T03:25:19+00:00

Microsoft Edge keeps closing soon after opening. This is occurring after their most recent update was automatically installed around 2/10/2023. Why is this occurring?

Microsoft Edge | Browser crashes or stops working | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-12T01:39:27+00:00

    Thanks I really thought this was going to help... but when I go in to C:\Users\MyUsername There is no AppData\local\microsoft so There is no Edge folder in there for me to delete. I tried deleting the Edge folder in OneDrive, but that did not help. Guess my machine got set up differently...

    I will keep hunting a solution though. Meantime Firefox is working OK.

    Any ideas on where else I can look??

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-08T18:43:40+00:00

    Also 11/08 Edge crashing immediately. Fix described doesn't work. Help! (not fond on having to use Chrome.)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-08T17:32:57+00:00

    I am having the same issue, starting TODAY, 11/8 Edge will not start, it opens and then closes.

    What is the solution??

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-08-29T01:01:56+00:00

    I don't have access to modify my copy of Edge, on my refurbished Gateway computer, so I think I need an alternative way to uninstall edge, and then reinstall a new copy of edge?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-02-12T05:26:56+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments