Microsoft Edge keeps closing soon after opening. This is occurring after their most recent update was automatically installed around 2/10/2023. Why is this occurring?

Anonymous
2023-02-12T03:25:19+00:00

Microsoft Edge keeps closing soon after opening. This is occurring after their most recent update was automatically installed around 2/10/2023. Why is this occurring?

Microsoft Edge | Browser crashes or stops working | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-03T14:23:23+00:00

    Just had a similar issue occur when setting up a new laptop for a user. Using Event Viewer, I traced the issue down to what I believe is a sync error. Possibly related to SharePoint? Not certain.
    The fix was actually quite simple in this case.

    • Right click on Edge and launch an InPrivate session. (If InPrivate still crashes for you, unfortunately I don't have an answer there.)
    • Click on the 3 dots in the top right corner of your browser and open Settings.
    • Sign out of the user profile, and check the box to "Clear favorites, history, passwords, and other browsing data from this device."
    • Sign back in to the user profile, and relaunch Edge normally.

    Hopefully this will be useful to someone!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-12T03:08:05+00:00

    So, today I have learned that the AppData is hidden. Once you get to your folder, click on view, click on show, click on hidden items. You will see it there. I ran into an issue where it will not let me delete even though I am the admin for the computer.

    I have tried everyone's suggestion and I can't keep the window open long enough to close tabs, click on settings, even see where the hang up is. I'm miss the day were could just click a button to uninstall a program.

    I am almost to a point where I might reset my computer. It would have been faster than 8 hours of research. Happy Saturday!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-08T21:23:32+00:00

    Read an earlier reply from _AW_ regarding ESET Security. I tried this and it resolved the issue.

    Microsoft needs to fix this bug, as it seems to be appearing every time there is a new update. Edge is their browser and if it doesn't work with their updated OS, well.....???

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-08T19:53:15+00:00

    My problem is on a Surface Pro using Windows 11. It was working FINE up until today. Their possible solutions are of no help. I can't even delete the Edge App and reinstall it.

    Anxiously awaiting a solution as I have been using Edge for the past six months.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-08T19:02:41+00:00

    Same problem on two computers Laptop (win 11) and desktop (win10) however surface pro 6 (win 11) works?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments