Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Well I have this problem with my site. The latest windows update also changed the browser. The images are not loading correctly. I dont know the reason because it is opening perfeclty on other browsers and even the previous version of MS Edge.
Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
The issue seems isolated to internal / intranet sites. There are several reports out there about this issue, but no solution from Microsoft seems forthcoming. Clearing cache, allowing / disallowing cookies, adjusting trusted sites, etc. are all just the standard suggestions, but they do nothing. There is something wrong in the bowels of Edge. An intranet site that opens without issue in Safari, Chrome, and Firefox displays only text when accessed with Edge.
Wondering if this happens internally at Microsoft. Are Microsoft employees not seeing images when they access the company's internal pages via Edge?
Hi DevinAbraham, I am Paulo. I'm an Independent Advisor and an individual like you inclined to help.
When I visit the site using Edge, the images load perfectly fine. Since the issue only occurs when you're using Edge, check if deleting the site data could fix the issue. To do this, go to Edge Settings > Site permissions > Cookies and site data > See all cookies and site data. Search the website then click the bin icon to remove and check if the issue is fixed.
Let me know if this works
Images are hosted on internal systems, or systems hosted by cloud / content providers we use. Please see original post -- every other current browser can load these without protest or any change in settings. Only Edge exhibits the issue. There is nothing esoteric or odd about the images or their sources; this is a problem with Edge.
Bing search that returns some other examples of folks hitting this issue:
do you have adblock enabled?
I don't know what happened but for the last few days a lot of websites started to break, images not loading, or wikipedia only showing text and google meet telling me that apparently I have issues with my network and is unable to join meetings. This only happened in Edge as well but I found that disabling my adblock in Edge on these sites fixed all the issues. Hopefully this will be fixed soon
Update: Seems like Edge has been fixed, I'm able to turn my adblock on everywhere again and all seems to be working
The issue seems isolated to internal / intranet sites ... There is something wrong in the bowels of Edge.
Where are these images being loaded from? An HTTP page isn't allowed to load local files for security reasons. See here:
https://textslashplain.com/2019/10/09/navigating-to-file-urls