Surface Pro 7 Randomly Shutting Down

Anonymous
2020-02-11T17:37:21+00:00

Hello,

I bought a Surface Pro 7 last week and it was having a problem where it was randomly shutting off (like the screen goes to black and then when I start it up, it boots up like normal). When I open the computer back up, anything I had opened is closed. I went and returned it for a new one, thinking that I had a buggy laptop. This new one is having the same problems too. I updated when I first got it and I did the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit, which said that everything is working fine. I also changed the sleep settings and that didn't help. I posted the reliability history that I have gotten.

Thank you.

Surface | Surface Pro | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-02-15T01:00:11+00:00

    I use it for my office, so during the day it's plugged into a docking station. Never turns off. Only when on battery.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-02-15T00:02:39+00:00

    I see. Thanks for the update, Jack Alspaugh. We're really sorry if the issue is still present. For the meantime, can you try if it happens when plugged into a charger? I will include this in our report to submit this to our team.

    Regards,

    Janette_Z

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-02-14T20:29:22+00:00

    Sadly, it didn't resolve the issue. By removing the keyboard it definitely delayed the shutdown, but after about 20 minutes it just randomly shut down again :(

    Jack Alspaugh

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-02-13T22:06:41+00:00

    Hi there, Jack Alspaugh.

    We appreciate the added information you shared and took note of this.

    Regards,

    Janette_Z

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments