How to do I connect 3 external monitors to my surface pro 7?

Anonymous
2020-05-12T02:02:56+00:00

I have connected 2 monitors to my microsoft surface dock and my 3rd monitor using usb-c to hdmi, but i cant run 3 at the same time. why is this so? How to fix this? 

As soon as I unplug one of the monitors the other 2 work, in any combination.

Help!

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-21T04:13:19+00:00

    I can connect my surface pro 7 i7 16 gig memory to 3 other monitors. using my docking station for 2 monitors and a usb 3 to vga from my 3 monitor. however the vga monitor has some major mouse lag. any ideas on how to fix the mouse lag?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-04T22:00:45+00:00

    The third monitor should use wireless display adopter:

    https://www.microsoftestore.com.hk/partner/product/MS-4K-Wireless-Display-Adapter?locale=en\_HK

    But monitor is 30 Hz refresh rate only. (The color is not the same)

    Or try this one 

    https://www.microsoftestore.com.hk/partner/product/wireless-display-adapter-new?locale=en\_HK

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-04T16:30:03+00:00

    Very helpful. Can you confirm you are extending to all 4 displays and not mirroring on any of them using the wireless HDMI adapter? I can get 3 external monitors but not the Surface (pro 6) which I didn't think was an issue until I realized none of my monitors have sound. I would prefer my setup to look exactly like yours with the surface in the middle as long as each of the 4 screens works independently and doesn't just replicate another display.

    Thanks!

    All 4 are independent. I’ll try to post some pics of the cabling when i get a moment. 

    Michael, did you get a chance to post a picture of the cabling?

    I have connected 2 monitors to the Surface dock and a third into the Surface itself, but it doesnt allow me to use the surface as a screen. 

    How were you able to extend display onto all 4 screens?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-12-30T14:15:50+00:00

    I use this one

    https://www.microsoftestore.com.hk/partner/product/MS-4K-Wireless-Display-Adapter?locale=en\_HK

    but the Wireless display monitor is 30 Hz refresh rate only. (The color is not the same)

    How about your monitor? What is the refresh rate? do you use this one?

    https://www.microsoftestore.com.hk/partner/product/wireless-display-adapter-new?locale=en\_HK

    I use the Surface Pro 7, three extra monitors use 1920 x 1080.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-12-18T02:13:09+00:00

    I have 5 Monitors with Surface 5, Dock2 - 2 USB HDMI - 2 USB's Video Cards on Dock on standard USB, one on Mini HDM - Display Port it is possible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments