Greetings Mark,
The best option available, is while the Surface is connected to a second monitor, to set it to "Second screen only".
You can do this by:
- Swipe from the right
- Touch Devices
- Touch Second Screen
- Touch Second Screen only.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I've read many question posted similar to this. The truth is none of them answer it. Let's change that or at least get Microsoft to do something about it. Every other computer in the world can do this...why not the surface pro!!! I see the exact behavior occur that I desire when I go to second screen only option...but it doesn't stay there. For obvious reasons....we need a new power option! Does anybody know how to effectively "yell" at Microsoft?
***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Greetings Mark,
The best option available, is while the Surface is connected to a second monitor, to set it to "Second screen only".
You can do this by:
Ok.. I found this setting. I don't think it was there till recently as I had called the MS help line about it and they told me it was not available.
I will see if it will turn off my external monitors as the surface is being duplicated on them. The surface is off.
Judy
This needs to be fixed.. but what I do.. having my surface docked to 2 monitors is I have sleep off with a screen saver. I manually turn the montors off.. and I don't display anything on the surface having duplicated the surface on one of the external monitors and extended it on the other.
I have a surface 4. .Your settings as you describe are not there.
And setting a screen saver to blank doesn't make it black.. there is light behind it.. it's not off