How do I get my music (like Pandora) to keep playing after the Surface shuts the screen off while on battery?

Anonymous
2012-11-08T21:12:00+00:00

I want to listen to music on my Surface but not have to have the screen on (to save battery life).  Is the only way to keep the music app running to keep the Surface awake?  Or if I have Pandora going in the background and I flip to another app it stops the sound.  How do I keep it going?

Thanks

Surface | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-07-25T23:41:18+00:00

Greetings all,

Internet Explorer is not able to stream in Connected Standby. There are apps that can stream while the Surface is in Connected Standby (Xbox Music).

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2012-12-26T07:01:21+00:00

    I'm using desktop ie. In the power settings I have "put computer to sleep" set to never. I went to advanced settings and under display I set "turn off display" to 1  min. Then I started Pandora. One min later both display and music stopped. What are you power settings and have you changed them from the defaults?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-12-26T06:42:49+00:00

    Are you using metro IE? I find that Pandora continues to play after the screen turn off - but only if I use the desktop version of IE.

    Kate

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-12-26T05:31:47+00:00

    Kate, we are all using Pandora.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-12-25T20:31:14+00:00

    I had the same problem today. Put some Christmas music on for the family and it stopped a couple of minutes later. This is using the default (Metro) music app.

    I am fully patched.

    Mike

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments