How do I get my music (like Pandora) to keep playing after the Surface shuts the screen off while on battery?

Anonymous
2012-11-08T21:12:00+00:00

I want to listen to music on my Surface but not have to have the screen on (to save battery life).  Is the only way to keep the music app running to keep the Surface awake?  Or if I have Pandora going in the background and I flip to another app it stops the sound.  How do I keep it going?

Thanks

Surface | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-07-25T23:41:18+00:00

Greetings all,

Internet Explorer is not able to stream in Connected Standby. There are apps that can stream while the Surface is in Connected Standby (Xbox Music).

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-02-24T15:08:00+00:00

    Download graffiti on surface Rt it will solve all your problems!  It even inserts song artist into the volume rocker popup with pause and next song buttons.   Totally fixes the music stop problem when switching apps and screen saver.

    Found it by chance when searching Pandora in the store app.  free

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-12-28T03:46:06+00:00

    there is basically a pandora app it is called pradio get it in the store it is really nice.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-12-27T03:54:52+00:00

    Thanks. How do I formally report this issue to Microsoft?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-12-27T02:36:54+00:00

    Pat,

    I thought Pandora played after the screen turned off when using desktop IE - but today I can't get it to work. :( Only Xbox Music continues to play music. It seems like it should work - just like my Windows Phone. Hopefully, this will be resolved by a Windows Update.

    Xbox Music includes 6 months of free streaming, so you might use that instead (until there's a Pandora app or IE streams when the screen turns off). After you start Xbox Music, tap New Smart DJ and type an artist that you like.

    Kate

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments