Greetings all,
Internet Explorer is not able to stream in Connected Standby. There are apps that can stream while the Surface is in Connected Standby (Xbox Music).
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I want to listen to music on my Surface but not have to have the screen on (to save battery life). Is the only way to keep the music app running to keep the Surface awake? Or if I have Pandora going in the background and I flip to another app it stops the sound. How do I keep it going?
Thanks
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Greetings all,
Internet Explorer is not able to stream in Connected Standby. There are apps that can stream while the Surface is in Connected Standby (Xbox Music).
Cad07,
What app are you using to play the music? Xbox Music should continue playing music after the screen turns off.
Kate
Is there a solution for it going to sleep and stopping the music from playing?
Try creating a power plan instead of editing an existing one.
Also, make sure you're using the desktop version of Internet Explorer when streaming music from Pandora (tap Desktop from the Start screen, then tap the IE icon on the taskbar).
Hope this helps,
Kate
Concerning the problem of turning off the display and not the tablet. I found the place where one should be able to set this but it didn't work.
If you search the settings for "display" you will see an option for when to turn off the display. in that dialog you can set the surface to never go to sleep, and there is an advanced settings link. go in there and there is a display option that lets you set when to turn off the display. I set this, however, as soon as the display when off my Pandora streaming also stopped.
Dear Microsoft, can someone take a look at this? it appears that the settings are not being honored correctly.