SurfaceOemPanel cannot be found Error in Event Log

Anonymous
2020-01-21T23:09:30+00:00

Hi, 

I have a Surface Pro X, and I was checking the event log, and I can see many errors from SurfaceOemPanel, but they all state that "The description for Event ID 512 from source SurfaceOemPanel cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer."

Same for Event ID 514.

Not sure what this error is, and what is the issue, but I have been facing problems with Skye For Business, and I think these events are related.

Thanks

Surface | Surface Pro | Install and update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-02-13T17:22:51+00:00

    I have follow the dock firmware update procedures and configured that the "auto" firmware update is enabled and that the dock is on the current version. Can you advise what you found?

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-03-03T22:12:16+00:00

    I'm having the exact same issue with a Surface Laptop 3.  My dock has one screen attached along with a couple USB devices (wireless keyboard dongle and a Plantronics wireless headset adapter).  This issue just started for me today.  I have a Surface dock at home and another one at the office.  I updated both Surface docks to the latest build firmware a few weeks ago.  The dock at home doesn't seem to have this issue but the dock at work does.  Makes me think the dock at work didn't get the update.  I've uninstalled the update, reinstalled it and checked the event logs to ensure the update completed.  Still - the issue persists.  If I unplug the screen from the dock the errors stop hitting the event log.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-02-17T05:10:10+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-02-17T04:53:56+00:00

    Well the problem is back, sweet success delayed.  How did you update the dockware?  I will try that next.  Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-02-12T16:17:33+00:00

    Thanks for the response, however, I am not sure I follow. I do connect the device to two different notes, same firmware, as I move between offices.  In both locations there are two external monitors, however, they are not identical. Is this consistent with the point you are making?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments