This post is on target. Purchased the Surface Laptop 2 and it keeps shutting down, then I keep trying to power up and it takes forever to get it going. I disconnected it from docking station and no improvement. Disappointed in quality of product, my ten year old HP was more reliable.
Anyone having issues powering on their Surface Book 2?
I am having issues the past couple weeks powering on my Surface Book 2 via the power button. It does not respond unless I eject the tablet half from the base and then press the power button. No setting or software changes except the Surface firmware update for Meltdown/Spectre a couple weeks ago. I'd say 1 out of every 5 attempts of me powering on results in a hard reboot and losing everything I had open. This is extremely frustrating! PS. I typically hibernate my PC. Would be great to hear from others that have applied the latest firmware and hibernate, if possible.
Surface | Surface Book | Power and battery
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2019-02-22T16:41:01+00:00 -
Anonymous
2019-02-20T23:56:31+00:00 I dont think it’s the button also. If it was the button it wouldn’t power on if I disconnect it from the keyboard. My SB2 will not power on if its connected to the keyboard but once I disconnect it, it powers on right away every single time. That is my solution because I am tired of taking it to the MS store and the tech telling me I need a new one. I’ve gone through the process 3 times already, I’m on my 4th SB2.
-
Anonymous
2019-02-20T07:41:23+00:00 It doesn't seem to be the start up process issue, but rather the physical button on the outside of the machine itself. The button kinda barely clicks similar to the way a mouse clicks. It does not depress with a lot of movement like a key stroke on a typical keyboard. My theory is that sometimes you push the button and the computer does not register that you actually pushed the button. So then you push it again a minute later after realizing nothing happened. And then again a minute later after that. Sometimes I press and hold it for three seconds just negate any chance of it being user error by not pushing it in all the way. End result is i use it everyday for work and it NEVER turns on the first time i push the button down no matter if i press and hold or not.
-
Anonymous
2019-02-19T21:51:54+00:00 I'm having the same problem. It takes me 30mins to start up my machine. It's a joke. I thought Microsoft lifted their game.
I should've bought a Mac book pro
-
Anonymous
2018-12-29T13:07:24+00:00 Hi, any solution of this problem? Im having the same.