My power button issue started around January and resolved around August. I am not exactly sure which update fixed it but I did apply many updates between August and September including regular windows updates, firmware updates, and eventually upgraded to 1803 (which I regretted as of course that upgrade introduced other problems and I kind of wish I stuck with 1709 and put up with this problem because my machine was stable otherwise).
Anyone having issues powering on their Surface Book 2?
I am having issues the past couple weeks powering on my Surface Book 2 via the power button. It does not respond unless I eject the tablet half from the base and then press the power button. No setting or software changes except the Surface firmware update for Meltdown/Spectre a couple weeks ago. I'd say 1 out of every 5 attempts of me powering on results in a hard reboot and losing everything I had open. This is extremely frustrating! PS. I typically hibernate my PC. Would be great to hear from others that have applied the latest firmware and hibernate, if possible.
Surface | Surface Book | Power and battery
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2018-12-08T14:39:45+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-10-07T16:59:11+00:00 The issue has resolved itself an update after I reported it. You do need to report it as a problem to Microsoft. I suggest using the Feedback Hub and Get Help apps on your device.
-
Anonymous
2018-10-02T12:33:34+00:00 I have the same issue. I can only turn the surface on by hitting the detach button first
-
Anonymous
2018-07-15T13:09:40+00:00 I've been having the same problem lately, and only since the last two or 3 updates. Have you thought that the problem could actually have been a hardware or driver update, or Windows 10 OS update?
All of the sudden after a recent set of updates, powering on, and resuming from hibernate or sleep stops working and takes several times of holding down the power button to power on or resume activity.
It seems to occurs only when the keyboard is attached because every time I touch the detach button, the device seems to resume start up.
This is a serious issue. I chose this device because of the reputation of Microsoft Surface to deliver a top quality product. This truly seems to be a pattern among Microsoft Surface Book 2 users. It appears as if we are having the same issue it here and it is either the hardware itself, or it is an update.
-
Anonymous
2018-03-06T18:35:53+00:00 Since none of the steps provided in this thread worked. We recommend that you talk to our Support team for further assistance.
Thank you.
Which I did two months ago... their answer was format and re-install windows or bring to store for replacement. WHAT A JOKE!!!