Smart Charging option disappeared from Surface app

Anonymous
2024-03-25T06:07:47+00:00

I am using a Surface Laptop Studio (model 12964 i7). My smart charging is working and the battery is recharging to 80% - icon over the battery is there. When I travel I have been going into the Surface app and changing the charge to 100% option that always used to pop up once I went in the app. Recently when going into the app there is no longer the 'smart charging' option so I am unable to change the setting and charge to full. the surface app version is 61.24020.115.0. I have tried reinstalling the surface app but its still not showing up.

Surface | Surface Laptop | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-08-13T16:34:08+00:00

Updated 9/9/2024

Thank you for reporting this issue. We are actively investigating. While we are investigating and if the "Battery & charging" option is missing in the Surface app, please update the Surface app to newest version 74.8150.129.0 or later which is available in the Microsoft Store app. To update the Surface app, open the Microsoft Store app, select Downloads, select Get Updates.

If you still are not able to see the "Battery & charging" option and you are running version 74.8150.129.0 or later, try to reset the Surface app by clicking the Windows Start menu, click Settings. Within Windows Settings, click Apps, click Installed apps and then for the Surface app click "...", select Advanced options, click the Reset button in the Reset section.

Marking as "Answered" to raise visibility while we are investigating.

Was this answer helpful?

6 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-14T00:32:28+00:00

    If you had read my problem report, youbwould kniw that I have updated the app and reset the app and my pc several times.

    You continue to post the same "answer" even though users continuebto tell you it dies mot help. Younare avoiding the issue instead of fixing it.

    This issue is NOT resolved and I will not recommend this product.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-20T01:25:38+00:00

    I'm in the same boat as everyone else here. The "Battery & Charging" option is missing from the Surface app. (It used to be there, as I have definitely used it.) I've reset the app and sent feedback, but it's still gone, so I have no way to disable so-called Smart Charging.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-16T16:37:09+00:00

    Hi Keith and others,

    Can you ensure that you have the current version installed, that would be 61.24040.89.0. For additional troubleshooting, you may want to try to reset the app as well. This is under Settings > Apps > Installed apps. Then select Advanced options > Reset.

    Image

    By the way, Smart Charging was moved into a Battery & charging section in the Surface app. So hoping you are looking there now.

    If you still are not seeing it, please let us know here. Also, it is helpful to have the report directly from the device that is affected. To do this, please select the feedback icon in the lower right corner of the app and select Give Feedback.

    Image

    Hope this helps,

    Greg

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-12T17:27:01+00:00

    Same issue here, you used to be able to go into the App and turn it off - that option has disappeared from the list altogether. How do we turn OFF Smart Charging now??

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments