bluethooth mouse breaks wireless connection

Anonymous
2013-07-23T16:05:01+00:00

I originally posted this here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1_pr-hardware/wifi-keeps-dropping-on-my-surface-kills-bluetooth/96faf92c-41af-4611-b5c2-c52702a3f241

Anyway, after a few reinstalls. I still have the same issue on my surface pro. When I go a few days without using my Microsoft Sculpt comfort Mouse, I have no problems. When I do use it, I get a total breakdown of wireless connections.  First my mouse stops responding. Then wifi drops, normally theres a lag before I see it show up on the wifi icon in the system tray. When I click it, it shows 'No connections are available', followed by 'troubleshoot' The only fix is to reboot, which it won't ever do properly after this error. I always have to hold the power button down and do a manual reset.

I also have random times when the Bluetooth goes out but comes back on. This can take about a minute to happen. When this happens, the wifi stays on.  I also have a lot of lag in the mouse while downloading/streaming anything from the internet.

Obviously this is Windows 8.1, running on a Surface Pro, using a Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon!

Thanks,

Kevin

Surface | Surface Pro | Network

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-08-26T14:00:32+00:00

    I know this is old but that type of behavior is typical of a virus. If for some reason you still have the issue of the mouse being slow unless you disable WiFi check if you have a lot of dllhost/comsurogates open in task manager.

    It could be a signal conflict but it is worth investigating

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-01-14T04:01:32+00:00

    Hi

    Unfortunately that's only a workable solution in an environment where you have those permissions with the wifi access point. In any public or business environment the issue can still happen if their settings don't mix well with yours.

    I ended up getting rid of my Surface Pro because I had to carry a wired mouse and USB hub in order to avoid wifi/Bluetooth dropouts.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-01-13T10:43:02+00:00

    Hello,

    for me the wifi channel switch not solved.

    At the moment every time I start windows the mouse lag. I need to disable wifi, then connect again the mouse and reenable the wifi.

    All days that problem....

    My Surface 2 pro is updated.

    There is some scheduled fix?

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-01-03T02:09:19+00:00

    I had the same problem and it is NOT a windows, Bluetooth or hardware problem. It is inherent in Bluetooth technology using by default channel 6. Went thru millions of forums and finally someone explained. I had the same problem at home only even after switching from O2 broadband to sky with a new router. As that someone suggested I logged in the router settings and switched from CHANNEL AUTO to CHANNEL 13 (this router had that option but usually they don't) and voila MAGIC!!! Now both sculpt mouse and external keyboard work seamlessly. So do the same switch your router to a different channel or if your hardware permits switch completely to 5 ghz frequency or ac wifi. Hope it helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-11-12T15:59:35+00:00

    I fixed it.  Gave the Surface Pro to my wife since she doesn't use any wireless accessories.  I have switched back to MacBook Air which has never had any basic issues like this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments