Intermittent bluetooth speaker outage with Jabra Elite 75t

Anonymous
2019-12-12T19:07:21+00:00

I had the Jabra Elite 65th for the longest time and loved them. I used them for Google Hangout and MS Teams calls for hours a day, in addition to phone calls. Unfortunately they got stolen, so I sprung for the new version recently, which is the Jabra Elite 75t.

I am having some very odd issues.  I can be on a hangout call for 5-10 minutes, and then suddenly the audio drops out. I can see the microphone is still working and participants on the call have confirmed they could hear me, but I cannot hear anything.  Most of the time it comes back after 30-40 seconds. I have tried putting my phone on DND (which worked with the 65th from preventing the phone to hijack the bluetooth) as well as turning the phone bluetooth off completely, but the issue still happens.

I have Surface Pro 4 with the the latest windows build:

Windows 10 Pro

Version 1909

OS Build 18363.535

I have tried unpairing and re-pairing, but with the same result. . I am not sure if it's possible to get bluetooth drivers right from the manufacturer (don't know who made the bluetooth) to update the drivers, but other than that I am not sure what else to do.

Surface | Surface Pro | Sound and camera

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-04-07T04:47:09+00:00

    Wow, ok. Did you have to remove the phone connection altogether, or was it enough to turn off Bluetooth on the phone while using it on the PC?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-04-06T10:28:12+00:00

    I have similar problem with Jabra 75t and MS Teams. My computer detects the headset, and start the meetigns working fine. But after 15 minutes more or less, Teams shows a message similar to this: "Microphone does not work, select another input device". I still can hear the conversation through my Jabras, but I am forced to change to my laptop's microphone. I have my Jabras fully updated (v 1.28.0 [1033]). Any tip that helps? Thanks!!!!

    Hi, I think I found the problem. Solved it when disconnected the Jabras from the mobile phone. The microphone disconnection problem seems to have something to do whith having two devices connected to the Jabras. I tried with only one device sinchronyzed (the PC with teams) and had a succesful 60 min meeting. Jabra problem, I suppose then.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-04-06T07:37:15+00:00

    I have similar problem with Jabra 75t and MS Teams. My computer detects the headset, and start the meetigns working fine. But after 15 minutes more or less, Teams shows a message similar to this: "Microphone does not work, select another input device". I still can hear the conversation through my Jabras, but I am forced to change to my laptop's microphone. I have my Jabras fully updated (v 1.28.0 [1033]). Any tip that helps? Thanks!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-01-18T04:41:43+00:00

    I had the Jabra Elite 65th for the longest time and loved them. I used them for Google Hangout and MS Teams calls for hours a day, in addition to phone calls. Unfortunately they got stolen, so I sprung for the new version recently, which is the Jabra Elite 75t.

    I am having some very odd issues.  I can be on a hangout call for 5-10 minutes, and then suddenly the audio drops out. I can see the microphone is still working and participants on the call have confirmed they could hear me, but I cannot hear anything.  Most of the time it comes back after 30-40 seconds. I have tried putting my phone on DND (which worked with the 65th from preventing the phone to hijack the bluetooth) as well as turning the phone bluetooth off completely, but the issue still happens.

    I have Surface Pro 4 with the the latest windows build:

    Windows 10 Pro

    Version 1909

    OS Build 18363.535

    I have tried unpairing and re-pairing, but with the same result. . I am not sure if it's possible to get bluetooth drivers right from the manufacturer (don't know who made the bluetooth) to update the drivers, but other than that I am not sure what else to do.  

    me too, i have same problem on 75t, it is drop out on teams app around 5mins or 10mins......

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments