Intermittent bluetooth speaker outage with Jabra Elite 75t

Anonymous
2019-12-12T19:07:21+00:00

I had the Jabra Elite 65th for the longest time and loved them. I used them for Google Hangout and MS Teams calls for hours a day, in addition to phone calls. Unfortunately they got stolen, so I sprung for the new version recently, which is the Jabra Elite 75t.

I am having some very odd issues.  I can be on a hangout call for 5-10 minutes, and then suddenly the audio drops out. I can see the microphone is still working and participants on the call have confirmed they could hear me, but I cannot hear anything.  Most of the time it comes back after 30-40 seconds. I have tried putting my phone on DND (which worked with the 65th from preventing the phone to hijack the bluetooth) as well as turning the phone bluetooth off completely, but the issue still happens.

I have Surface Pro 4 with the the latest windows build:

Windows 10 Pro

Version 1909

OS Build 18363.535

I have tried unpairing and re-pairing, but with the same result. . I am not sure if it's possible to get bluetooth drivers right from the manufacturer (don't know who made the bluetooth) to update the drivers, but other than that I am not sure what else to do.

Surface | Surface Pro | Sound and camera

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-01-03T23:11:53+00:00

    As I understand it, 75t uses Bluetooth 5.0, while 65t the older standard.  So most likely related to that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-01-03T21:54:26+00:00

    Yeah, I was on a call today and the headphones dropped after about 15 min.  Fine with Android phone but no good with laptop.  Wonder why 75t doesn't work with laptops when 65t worked so well.  Might have to try to find a good deal on another pair of 65t.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-12-24T04:07:36+00:00

    Problem still persists. I did a call which worked for 25 minutes, then started to drop out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-12-23T19:42:09+00:00

    Hello Trolls12,

    Thank you for reaching out Microsoft Community. We really appreciate all the efforts that you did just to possibly resolve the issue and we are glad after performing a hard reset on your headphone resolves the issue if you need further assistance don't hesitate to contact us. Right now we will be closing this thread and If this answer your question, we highly encourage you to inform our Community by clicking on Yes or marking my post as an answer. This will help other members who may have the same issue as you. Otherwise, don't hesitate to update us so we can further assist you.

    Regards,

    Jonas_T

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments