I am waiting for someone to advise success connecting EPSON ES-50 portable scanner to SURFACE 7.
Scanners that work with Microsoft ARM processer
I bought a Microsoft Surface Laptop last week. Got everything set up and then realized my ScanSnap scanner was not working with the new laptop. I called them and they said none of their scanners work with the ARM Processer in my laptop. Does anyone know what brand of scanners DO work with the ARM processer??? This is a HUGE problem for me. I am almost paperless and scan things all the time.
Surface | Surface Laptop | Performance and maintenance
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2025-01-20T19:56:37+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-03-23T23:12:29+00:00 That is really a copout Windows people. The printer driver does not work with printing to OneNote (Your own product, but the way) and the discussion on this simply says it MAY be fixed in a future update. To me this is a scandal and I so regret buying the CoPilot+ PC because of these bugs.
-
Anonymous
2025-03-05T02:23:35+00:00 Yes,
You have to install the SCANSNAP software (offline installer) in the laptop and when getting to the pairing process option (usb/wifi) you press cancel.
The SCANSNAP software installation will be completed and then you proceed to connect the scanner through the scanner’s access point connection.
It should work without any problems.
On my side it was the only was to make it work, trying to connect via usb because the scanner driver was not compatible (device manager will show with an alert sign), but somehow connected via the scanner’s access point will work with all the options.
-
Anonymous
2024-11-09T19:34:48+00:00 I bought a Surface Laptop 7 to replace a Surface Laptop 3. The 7 is a great laptop, fast, sleek and light, but, there does not seem to be an all-in-one printer scanner anywhere on the market that is compatible. The only work-round was to keep the 3 with the all-in-one printer plugged in and go between the two with a USB stick. Not a pretty solution...
-
Anonymous
2024-10-17T16:48:47+00:00 Best chance of working is using an all-in-one copier/scanner/printer/fax. Portable scanner only.. does not work.