Scanners that work with Microsoft ARM processer

Anonymous
2024-07-11T01:23:41+00:00

I bought a Microsoft Surface Laptop last week. Got everything set up and then realized my ScanSnap scanner was not working with the new laptop. I called them and they said none of their scanners work with the ARM Processer in my laptop. Does anyone know what brand of scanners DO work with the ARM processer??? This is a HUGE problem for me. I am almost paperless and scan things all the time.

Surface | Surface Laptop | Performance and maintenance

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-09T17:08:45+00:00

    Agree, the multifunction printers are not the problem. However,

    the desktop, Snapscan, portable scanners (scanner only..not printer) have the compatibility issues. I have returned the Surface and my business is back up and running. Scanning allowed...........

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-17T05:26:11+00:00

    The Mac with M2 chip is similar to ARM and the Mac works perfectly with Scansnap software.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Barb Bowman 80,815 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2024-07-12T14:20:59+00:00

    I'm trying to check on this, but right now the best I can offer is that it appears that Mopria compatibility MAY be the key. Certified Products (mopria.org) does not list Fujitsu (Scansnap). Again, I'm attempting to get more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-23T17:34:57+00:00

    Sorry to hear that, we are all suckers.. Microsoft sucks....

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-16T10:58:46+00:00

    Cannot speak for the Epson's and struggling to get a cheap all-in-one scanner to work (the Epson XP-2205) working via USB. But the Brother DS 640 definitely works via USB as I am using it on my Lenovo Yoga 5G (old snapdragon 8CX gen 1) which I am using to type this.

    To get it working... go to device manager after plugging it in. Right click on it and choose to Update Drivers. Choose the option to Browse my computer for drivers, then choose "Let me pick from a list of available drivers..." then choose "Imaging Devices" and "USB Scanner Device". It will have a warning that this is not recommended, just accept it.

    Install the using Brother iPrint & Scan as usual. It is not an ARM native app but works. It will detect the plugged in DS640 and it will scan as usual. Hope that helps you and others looking for a working portable scanner... but I will continue figuring out for mine...

    At least printers are much better overall.

    Vuescan is an alternative, but didn't work for my Epson too... even after using: https://www.hamrick.com/support/how-to-guides/windows-11-driver-signature-enforcement.html

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments