I live in Canada. There are Microsoft stores in 3 provinces. The closest one to me is 1600+ km away, I don't have the option of going to a "different Microsoft store". Piece of crap.
Surface Pro 3 - completely dead
My Surface Pro 3 has died after two years, I've tried all the 'wake-up' fixes, still nothing. Very unhappy if this needs to be replaced, it seems a lot of money for two years use. Can anyone help or suggest a reasonable repair service in Central London?
Surface | Surface Pro | Install and update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2019-01-19T15:05:39+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-12-27T17:06:07+00:00 Bend in top like mentioned below...
-
Anonymous
2018-12-12T06:21:15+00:00 Well... THANK YOU...... mine has been sitting dead in my drawer for 6 months. Tried this and it worked first try!!! Microsoft wanted $599 to fix this but all my files would be gone! Well atleast i can transfer all my files into my macbook now ;)
What i did was to do the 'power and volume trick' while pulling the unit inwards at 45 degrees angle... with type cover intact. I guess that was what other users meant by 'bending'. However it worked for me. My SP3 is working fine now and I'm so relieved! Do try that. It is such a waste to keep your surface in the drawer.