Surface Pro 3 - completely dead

Anonymous
2017-12-08T22:23:24+00:00

My Surface Pro 3 has died after two years, I've tried all the 'wake-up' fixes, still nothing. Very unhappy if this needs to be replaced, it seems a lot of money for two years use. Can anyone help or suggest a reasonable repair service in Central London?

Surface | Surface Pro | Install and update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-12-27T17:08:50+00:00

    Holy crap - that worked.... after I tried everything else - much thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-04-23T05:28:58+00:00

    Just fyi- it did bend eventually and come back on. I changed the settings to stop sleep mode. That worked until the next update then i had to do the bendy thing again to wake it up. Bad bad microsoft. I dont want to buy a new surface yet!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-04-22T19:14:53+00:00

    I have just had mine die on me 2 days ago....went for lunch and it went to sleep and never awoke...called John Lewis who I go it off and the part & labour cover I paid extra for ran out on the 2othMarch! so called Microsoft to be told 'no we don't fix them we don't even have any here anymore but send it back and for £595 we'll send you a pro4'!!!! I'm seriously pee'd no way of getting any info I had stored on it off and no help offered! as if i'd want to risk another one for the privilege of £595! My IT guys having a look but I don't hold out much hope :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-03-10T12:00:11+00:00

    My pro 3 has a surface firmware version 1/24/2018 installed and it becomes a dead brick. I took it to the microsoft store in ca san jose, no luck. This week I took it to the ca stanford shopping center, luckily the manager and the techicians there have a way to get it power on. Now I power off my pro 3, set do not sleep at battery or plug in mode, go to setting, computer components, windows update click to stop. I am very afraid any firmware update, I suspect, turn my favorite computer dead.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-01-18T04:18:41+00:00

    Are we talking about the same machine? How do you "bend" it? Mine is solid and doesn't give. Any more bright ideas? I cant turn off Sleep mode if it wont turn ON to get to settings. VERY frustrating!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments