OMG
Did you test how many fps does Minecraft get ?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I now that surface pro x can’t run several apps like Minecraft Java but now surface pro x has a new better processor it can run now run 64 bit apps and also surface pro x can now run games that uses OpenGl 3.3 but can i use recent versions of OpenGL on surface pro x sq2 ?
If surface pro x was able to use OpenGL 4.4 I think that it will run Minecraft Java because OpenGL 4.4 is recommended for running better Minecraft Java on some PC’s
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
OMG
Did you test how many fps does Minecraft get ?
I discovered that the surface pro x can be teardown and it can be fix i think so
As before the surface pro x can’t run Minecraft Java by its processor the motherboard of the surface pro x can be remove and the processor is there I want to know if the processor can be removed from the motherboard and change it to another one
You'd basically have to replace the motherboard as the SoC is soldered onto the board. From what I've read, the problem is there isn't currently an Intel or AMD cpu that would be able to fit into the thin form-factor of the Surface Pro X due to cooling requirements.
Windows on ARM is still quite new so I didn't expect Minecraft to run; actually I was 100% sure it wouldn't when I purchased my Pro X. Still, that doesn't stop me from wanting to see it happen, so I keep tinkering around with ideas or potential solutions.
I discovered that the surface pro x can be teardown and it can be fix i think so
As before the surface pro x can’t run Minecraft Java by its processor the motherboard of the surface pro x can be remove and the processor is there I want to know if the processor can be removed from the motherboard and change it to another one
Surface Pro X uses LTE is LTE another reason why Minecraft Java can't run on Surface Pro X ?
Well, I don't have a sim card in mine, but I wouldn't think LTE capabilities would break Minecraft.
Incidentally since my last comment Minecraft 1.17 has been released, and it actually has been upgraded to run on Java 16 from what I've read. Still no luck with it using the native ARM64 OpenJDK 16 pre-release. So either something is missing from Java on my device still, or it's back to the OpenGL issue.
This is the modified install pointing to the native java instead of the bundled:
Full path is: C:\Program Files (Arm)\Microsoft\jdk-16.0.1.9-hotspot\bin\java.exe
I've also tried the javaw.exe executable in the same folder with the same results (not 100% sure which I should use)
Results in the Latest Log file:
Maybe someone smarter than me knows what this means...
Probably more waiting on either Java or OpenGL updates for WoA. I submitted feedback in the Feedback Hub for both Minecraft and the OpenCL and OpenGL compatibility pack requesting OpenGL support be added to Windows on ARM either via Qualcomm's drivers or the compatibility pack be upgraded to support OpenGL 4.x. Not sure what else I can do in the mean time.
Surface Pro X uses LTE is LTE another reason why Minecraft Java can't run on Surface Pro X ?