Surface Dock not putting monitor to sleep

Anonymous
2016-05-11T01:50:28+00:00

Hi Everyone,

I have a new Surface Pro 4 with a Microsoft Dock and an Asus 28" Monitor for my GM. The problem I have is that when I shut down the Surface, the Dock seems to continue to provide power to the Monitor and the monitor doesn't go into standby mode. When I unplug the monitor cable from the dock it goes into standby but the moment I plug the cable (Display Port) back in the monitor powers up and says it can't detect the display port.

I have all current Microsoft updates so nothing recent has helped with this. Any thoughts?

Olin

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-04-03T14:35:48+00:00

Ok, I am replying to my post about this because I have fixed my issue.

The way I fixed it was buying an ACTIVE mDP to HDMI adapter (one that supports 4K @ 60Hz) and using that with my monitor.  I have had no luck using the direct mDP to full DP cable.

Thanks for sharing, this solved my issue as well.  Monitor sleeps like a baby now.

For reference here are the adapter and cable I'm using:

Adapter: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PJ3LSIG/ref=oh\_aui\_detailpage\_o00\_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

HDMI Cable: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014I8SIJY/ref=oh\_aui\_detailpage\_o00\_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-11-21T05:26:59+00:00

    Hi Roman,

    Please contact our Assisted Support or our Global Customer Service for further assistance with the issue with your Surface Dock.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-11-19T18:49:42+00:00

    Just updated the firmware of my Surface Dock.

    Monitor is not on the compatibility list, but it is also not in the incompatibility list.

    Monitor is connected with a DisplayPort cable without any adapter.

    Still having the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-11-15T06:22:14+00:00

    We suggest that you contact our Assisted Support for further assistance with regard the issue with your Surface device and Surface Dock. You can also call our Global Customer Service if you're outside U.S.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-11-11T16:02:09+00:00

    Thanks for the reply.

    However it didn't help.

    Any other ideas?

    Cheers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments