Surface Pro 7 (i7, 16GB, 512GB) - Battery Life?

Anonymous
2019-11-04T13:14:39+00:00

I picked up a Surface Pro 7 on launch but I'm really struggling with the battery life, with light usage (a few office apps and a few tabs in Edge) I'm struggling to get more than 5 hours, even with Battery Saving mode on, brightness at around 20-25 and nothing running the back ground.

I've updated everything to it latest version, surely I should be seeing better battery life than this?

Surface | Surface Pro | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-05-10T19:01:02+00:00

    What is "carney"? How did you remove that update? Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-02-06T21:45:29+00:00

    Unfortunately 5.5 hours on Power Saver and minimal cpu activity is 'normal' so there appears to be nothing you can do to improve that until Microsoft acknowledges the problem and provides a fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-01-06T00:17:13+00:00

    On a brand new Surface 7 Pro (i5 16 Gb), at 50% brightness, all updates installed, windows build 1909, I got 5.5 hours with Wi-Fi on, browsing, 1-2 hours of youtube, some coding in ssh terminal. Requested a return... I'll do a few more runs this week before sending it back, but for now it's quite poor battery life.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-12-11T02:01:31+00:00

    Hi

    I've been having same problem - I did a full fresh start reinstall but made no difference. 5.5 hours is maximum I can get using Power Saver mode. Everything I've read online I've found no-one getting better than 5-6 hours.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-11-26T06:59:29+00:00

    I own an i7 16Gb 512Gb

    cannot use around all day

    full-load may sustain around 5-6 hours

    power save mode improve little

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments