How do I deactivate copilot in Word for the Mac?

Anonymous
2025-01-19T08:34:09+00:00

I have problems deactivating the copilot in Word on my MacBook Pro (actually it should be deactivated from PowerPoint and Excel too). I tried to follow tutorials but it seems like i dont have the possibility in my Word settings.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-11T07:28:28+00:00

    I want to get rid of Copilot and MS now tells me to go back to an earlier version of Word. If I replace my current version with an earlier version, will I lose any other formatting etc based on the current version? And if/when MS decides to make Copilot optional for Mac users, ho w will I know, except by checking this forum every day?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-11T00:11:40+00:00

    Zenobia.Z

    Thank you for helping with this issue - it is EXTREMELY frustrating! With your help I can at least work now.

    Cheers!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-10T07:31:23+00:00

    According to several posts the version I am using has the option to disenage. But I dont. So some people have it, some don't. The problem is not the version but something else. Microsoft refuses to tell us. Why"?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Charles Kenyon 171K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-02-10T00:07:22+00:00

    I feel like you. Have you found a solution, a way to disable Copilot?

    john

    Hi John,

    Please read through all of the posts in this thread, which is long. You should be able to disable Copilot in the desktop app Word on the Mac (and in Windows). The change may be "rolling out" gradually to different users.

    Other Office programs, eventually, but "soon."

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-09T20:01:55+00:00

    I feel like you. Have you found a solution, a way to disable Copilot?

    john

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments