A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
I have a copilot icon in authoring tools but there is no option to disable copilot.
Anyone have any other ideas?
John
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have problems deactivating the copilot in Word on my MacBook Pro (actually it should be deactivated from PowerPoint and Excel too). I tried to follow tutorials but it seems like i dont have the possibility in my Word settings.
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I have a copilot icon in authoring tools but there is no option to disable copilot.
Anyone have any other ideas?
John
Charles - that's interesting. Maybe if I update to Word 16.93 and leave it for a while the Copilot preference option will show up at some point. I'm going to try that and see what happens. Thanks.!
Craig
Charles, I'm running the same version of Word 16.93. Just restarted it, too. But under Authoring and Proofing, still no Copilot icon/button appears. Any idea why this might be? Thank you.
I have been able to disable Copilot in Microsoft Word for Mac since January 25. It's very simple to disable. In the main menu go to Word, then Preferences, and under Authoring and Proofing Tools, select Copilot, then disable it. I am running Microsoft Word for Mac 16.93 (25011212).
I can't answer as to HOW I got this fix. I am a user just like all of you, One day the fix was not there and the next, it was. I don't think there was an update for it...the ability to disable it simply appeared. All I can guess is that the fix from Microsoft is rolling out in pieces. No other app has the ability yet to disable Copilot.
I HAVE NO ANSWER AS TO HOW I GOT THE FIX. ALL I CAN SAY TO YOU IS JUST TO CONTINUE TO LOOK FOR IT IN WORD PREFERENCES. AGAIN, I AM JUST A USER LIKE ALL THE REST OF YOU.