Subscription increase

Anonymous
2024-11-11T01:30:15+00:00

I have just received notification from Microsoft that my Microsoft 365 Personal Subscription is going to increase by a whopping 45.87%! surely this has to be a scam, right or as a pensioner and an avid user of Microsoft products for in excess of 25 years, am I being ripped off by Microsoft?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-07T07:25:40+00:00

    I solved this by contacting their support; they then offered to cancel my auto-renewal, then pointed me out to the sales support team at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/business/sales-support who offered me a "classic" subscription that doesn't have the AI at the old price.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-06T14:43:00+00:00

    Another one who's received the 'good news'....

    This is just ridiculous.... anyone interested in setting up a consumer fight back group?

    I am going to start by writing to Trading Standards....

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-27T14:41:07+00:00

    Nothing short of extortion.

    I mostly use the subscription for cloud storage; a rarely use the apps simply because I have access to a work subscription and dont do much personal work at home (on occasion only).

    This change sets the tone clearly. Pay a continuously increasing fee for your cloud storage, or change cloud providers; which they know darn well is difficult to do. I like Microsoft being separate from Google and have chosen this relationship carefully.

    On the flip side, I keep several local backups for this reason.

    If I pull the plug on MS cloud storage, how can i be sure they remove my data completely?

    I personally feel that this increase is a little too much % wise.

    -e

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-25T12:13:30+00:00

    I appreciate that many users here may embrace the new Copilot AI capability that has now been incorporated into the 365 personal plan, however Microsoft's approach to automatically upsell this product to users like myself who have no need or desire to use this new capability, I believe is fundamentally wrong.

    The choice to initiate payment of a higher premium for an enhanced offering should lie with the customer, not the seller.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-14T04:04:38+00:00

    There is an option to switch to 'Microsoft 365 Personal Classic' which is the same as 'Microsoft 365 Personal' without the AI features, and will not be subject to the price increase.

    This can be done by going to 'cancel subscription' within your account. The option to switch to Personal Classic will then be displayed.

    This option was not available to me, I was told this and spent hours troubleshooting with Microsoft support, they said there is some glitch and many customers are experiencing the same and could not access the option to switch to classic and it could only be done via support, yet they still could not switch my subscription, a supervisor intervened as the support person could not help me at all. They said all I can do is turn off my auto renew and contact support again at the time my subscription ends in March, allegedly the team will know how to work around the glitch then... does not leave me with much confidence.....

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments