Microsoft forms responses are not syncing automatically to onedrive/sharepoint

Anonymous
2024-10-15T02:03:32+00:00

We used to have an excel system running off the final line of the excel sheet generated by forms.

I have a new tenant and forms is using the new GUI

I send some responses inside forms, but the results are not synced/updated inside my sharepoint/onedrive excel sheet automatically.

It will only work if i click on open result in excel inside the webpage, which will then only update my excel in sharepoint/onedrive.

Please advise how i can get it working again.

Thanks

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Forms | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-27T00:14:59+00:00

    HI..

    Do the same thing. All my form created through sharepoint. However, still not auto update. Any other ways to overcome this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-28T07:47:04+00:00

    Great job!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-21T16:51:03+00:00

    Appreciating this thread! Also very confused by the change. I know the reasoning was something about making the synchronisation more stable/reliant, but I don't think we ever had any problems with the way it was synchronising before -- maybe others did?

    I'm reluctant to start creating powerautomate flows for all the forms, but with no sign of reverting this back or fixing the new version to synch the way the old version did, we may not have a choice. I suppose the flow could save new forms directly to a new spreadsheet or directly to the powerbi data model.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-13T09:52:34+00:00

    I have also has this creapy issue, I am using one sheet for collecting data from responses, and two more for calculating data.

    I have "add row" to dummyTable every time response comes, excel does not update cells with calculations until I manually open the file. Excel is on OneDrive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-08T19:28:44+00:00

    yes we updated the PA to be "add a row"

    Thanks so much! I will try a test one and see if it works. Did you change anything in the Excel thing?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments