Microsoft forms responses are not syncing automatically to onedrive/sharepoint

Anonymous
2024-10-15T02:03:32+00:00

We used to have an excel system running off the final line of the excel sheet generated by forms.

I have a new tenant and forms is using the new GUI

I send some responses inside forms, but the results are not synced/updated inside my sharepoint/onedrive excel sheet automatically.

It will only work if i click on open result in excel inside the webpage, which will then only update my excel in sharepoint/onedrive.

Please advise how i can get it working again.

Thanks

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Forms | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-25T22:14:36+00:00

    Frustratingly, all my forms are now no longer working. I underastand the workaroun by using Power Automate, however this is a huge step backwards. I have a large number of forms where I now have to create a new step to do somethign that used to be automatic. All my realtime syncs have stopped working!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-13T13:43:40+00:00

    Posting here, hoping to be notified when Microsoft reverts this puzzling decision.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-19T23:05:59+00:00

    If you have a work around, please share. I have several power automates based on this system - Forms, Excel, Power Automate, email. I'm looking for a way to keep this without having to open Excel files endlessly, and in the case of incidents, if I can't find a work around, we'll have to scrap the whole thing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-17T08:36:24+00:00

    Posting to increase the visibility of this topic! MS needs to review this update!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-27T08:43:18+00:00

    I found a solution that may not be the best: working with a parallel Excel. This means not working with the Excel file generated by Forms, but with a parallel Excel file.

    Flow: When a response is submitted > Get response details > Add a row into a table (Excel). Previously, I created a new Excel book.

    This new Excel file is updated every time that a response is submitted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments