my files are saving to d.docs.live.net, why is this and how to I get my files back on my computer? I have windows 11

Anonymous
2024-04-05T00:01:37+00:00

Instead of my files saving to my computer some of them save to https://d.docs.live.net.53e22b9e14726e2e.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-11T07:33:21+00:00

    Can you verify that you don't have a folder called Documents under your Documents folder already?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-11T07:01:15+00:00

    I have the same problem. I want to save directly to my local hard drive. Then backup to OneDrive in the background. I've done this for many years. Every so often, Microsoft forced my saves through d.doc.live.net. I would eventually find a solution. But now, none of the solutions in this thread work. I've tried them all. It insists on saving to d.doc.live.net, and there is a LAG each time it does, wasting so much time, very frustrating.

    In 2022, I solved it by by unchecking "Use Office applications to sync Office files that I open" in OneDrive/Office settings, but that box no longer exists in OneDrive settings.

    Stefan Blom-can you please help?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-08T18:23:24+00:00

    Instead of my files saving to my computer some of them save to https://d.docs.live.net.53e22b9e14726e2e.

    I am using my kindle and android phone so how do i solve this problem

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-19T14:50:43+00:00

    I have a similar issue as the above.

    I want to save all my documents to the cloud.

    When I make a new word document, it does not default to AutoSave (left corner of screen in the quick menu). In fact, I can't even slide the button to autosave.

    Up until a few weeks ago, to the right of the Auto Save button, it would show "Word." Now it shows the same upload fail message or the same d.docs.live.net error that everyone is talking about.

    If I close the document, NONE OF MY CHANGES APPEAR WHEN I REOPEN THE DOCUMENT. So, the document is being saved somewhere else.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-11T18:46:36+00:00

    Hi Mr. Blom

    Thank you for responding to my request. I did a system recovery and that seemed to help, although it seem to have created some other challenges. But the situation is better, I can use one drive and adobe again.

    Thank you

    Bre866

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments