A Microsoft file hosting and synchronization service.
Did we ever find the answer to this? I hid a file by accident and no longer can see it. Also, when it was visible I cannot add shortcut to my files.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Good Morning.
A user in our office went onto OneDrive Online and accidentally clicked on the Hide from Shared button on one of the folders which was shared with him.
It gave a message that read:
"Remove Folder
If you remove this folder, you'll still have access to it, but it won't appear here."
He then clicked on the remove button.
So, the folder is currently "hidden".
Please advise on how to unhide it, so it shows up in the "shared with me" view again.
Additional information:
Currently Using Edge as browser.
Thanks.
A Microsoft file hosting and synchronization service.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Did we ever find the answer to this? I hid a file by accident and no longer can see it. Also, when it was visible I cannot add shortcut to my files.
The problem is deeper than unhiding folders that have been hidden. The integrated File Explorer capability for "Folders Shared With Me" and "Shortcut Added to MyFiles" is gone! The hidden folder is now only accessible as a shortcut with an internet link to OneDrive online. You can't drill into the folder from File Explorer any more. This seems to be happens asynchronously across different machines, so some have it and some don't. Woke up to OneDrive folders shared with me as a shortcut in OneDrive MyFiles now shown as a shortcut with an internet link in File Explorer. Hid the folder and could not unhide per this thread. Had the owner of the shared folder remove shared access and reapply sharing. Then the shortcut only access became obvious. This might be transient - will look again in the future. For now - OneDrive shared folders will be accessed using an internet browser instead of File Explorer. Edit Note: Adding a new shared folder results in visible folder but sharing shortcut doesn't integrate with File Explorer properly, only as a shortcut. Will submit error report.
I spoke to OneDrive a few days after posting this. They have escalated this issue three times now. I am up to escalation team number 3 or something like that. Team 1 tried everything in their power to fix it and team two tried on their end on the programming side and nothing. They said team 3 was the like developer side and that we have to see because it is something wrong with the programming or coding side of OneDrive. Cross my fingers someone gets this figured out.
I was working online on a browser, and accidentally hid a Word file in the Microsoft 365 section. The file strangely can still be found when I switch to OneDrive section, so maybe you could try that. No button to unhide it so I just moved it around and for some reason, it appears in the Microsoft 365 section again? I don't understand this stupid system of OneDrive. If someone ever found out how it works, god bless you.
Hi,
There are ellipses next to the folder.
When I click on it, it only gives 2 options:
If I click on details, it only opens a details panel on the right, but I cannot see anything about unhiding...