Microsoft To-Do App does not work

Anonymous
2023-12-25T20:27:02+00:00

Dear Friends!

I have already deleted the app and reinstalled. But it doesnt work. If I open the app (I use a 2017 MacBook Pro, newest Software installed), no input mask to log in appears. Instead, the app opens and I see the microsoft windows to do app. But it does not work at all. I cannot to anything within the app. I can't log in, I can't add task, just nothing. I can select a field, but it won't happen anything if I select it.

Please help!

Yours,
Manuel

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | Other | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-11T03:19:41+00:00

    Thank you! This works. I suggest that you zip that app though. On your Mac, you can simply right click on the app in finder and select the option of "Compress...". This will create a zip file of that app. Then share the Google Drive link to that zip file. That way people will easily be able to download the file and extract it into their apps folder.

    But THANK YOU, this works. I hope others find this helpful. So, at this point, we have now validated that MSFT did introduce a broken app that is not supported on Big Sur or older versions of Mac OS and Apple has allowed them to publish it in the app store as if it does support these older versions. Typically the App Store would say, that your version is not supported and it would give you an option to download the older version (aka v2.110).

    Hopefully one of these companies will fix their problem and then we can not have to rely on the above link to download an old copy. The app store is already nagging me to update the To Do app to the latest version since installing your backup copy. :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-10T21:22:27+00:00

    Thanks Zach,

    Got the app as you described but, alas, same 'you don't have permissions to open this app'. I'll dig through my own archives to see what I can find.

    Regards

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-10T20:22:30+00:00

    I could be wrong here, but I believe that if you download the folder called "Microsoft To Do.app" (click on Microsoft To Do.app on the top of the screen, then click "download"), you should get a zipped file. If you unzip that on your computer, you should be able to access the app itself and not have to deal with the contents folder. Hope that helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-10T19:18:03+00:00

    Hello Zach,

    Thank you for doing this. I overwrote the "Contents' folder of my installed app with yours but I get a "you don't have permission to open this app' prompt.

    Has anyone else been able to remedy this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-10T10:18:20+00:00

    Yes, very frustrating. Luckily I have a backup version (2.110) and have uploaded it to google drive as suggested here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LmQMMICZhdur3ESlS1Ga2JRzJ-pGJjMs?usp=drive\_link

    Feel free to reply if anyone encounters issues with the link. Hope this works for everyone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments