MS To Do frequent crashing.

Anonymous
2024-01-08T16:24:15+00:00

I am a longtime user of the To Do app – since the Wunder list days. For months now the app crashes on my iPad multiple times throughout the day. I’m just sitting there looking at it and it goes away, then needs to be relaunched. At the same time it crashes the homepage widgets, like Weather, etc. all seem to reset as well. I have done absolutely every bit of cleanup you can think of – and apps are up-to-date, apps, closed down and iPad rebooted, ToDo reinstalled, plenty of storage, etc. etc. etc. please help me understand what I can do to fix this. It’s an essential app for me and really disappointing that this goes on . iPad model MK2P3LL/A, iOS 17.2, To Do version 2.112 Build 231222.1358

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft To Do | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-13T09:57:34+00:00

    I think that it is a well known issue everyone I know with an iPhone has the same issue. It happens with my iPhone and iPad and happens roughly every 2 minutes. I have to reopen it many times during every shopping trip. Have not experience this with android on only seen infrequent crashes on pc. I am very surprised that it has not been fixed or improved at all after many months.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-11T21:35:58+00:00

    Thanks for the idea! It’s a real shame that nobody at Microsoft gives a hoot about this product – really puzzling.

    Question: I think I am inferring from your instructions that I’m only cleaning out all of my completed tasks. (I’ve been using a long time, so I’m sure there are thousands.) That means I wouldn’t be losing all of my planned/upcoming/repeating tasks ? They will download from the cloud once I’m done and install a completely fresh copy of the app? Do I have that correct?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-27T18:52:24+00:00

    If you uninstall the app will you lose all your tasks? I am having a similar issue with it crashing on my iPhone

    I am experiencing similar challenges with the To Do app that is loaded on my iphone 8. I like the app a lot, find it very useful app & use it daily. I have 137 tasks set up & deleting the existing app and reloading the app again along with re-entering the 137 tasks would be a real pain. Not sure that reloading the app again & all the tasks will actually eliminate all the challenges that To Do seems to be experiencing...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-13T09:07:42+00:00

    Been having the same issue , on my iPhone 13, for months now.

    To do usually crashes within a few minutes after opening, regardless of what I do in the app, even when I just open the app and do nothing.

    Everything is up to date, I don’t have the issue on my desktop or iPad.

    I’ve been using To do from the Wunderlist times and really don’t want to switch but starting to see no other option. Please FIX THIS Microsoft.

    PS: just read Maniac2k’s answer, will try this approach when I find the time and report back here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-15T13:37:33+00:00

    Hi again,

    If my prior solution didn’t fix the issue, let's check if other programs on your iPad are also crashing. If they are, it's possible that the issue is related to the operating system of your device. Don't worry, the best thing to do is to have it checked by the manufacturer to get your iPad back to its optimal performance.

    Let us carry on and isolate the issue deeper. I do have some further strategies to try:

    • Temporary disable other apps that might conflict with To Do like Task managers app or storage optimizer.
    • Offload Microsoft To Do: Go to Settings > General > iPad storage, find Microsoft To Do and tap on it > Tap Offload App > Reinstall Microsoft To Do via App Store

    Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend other troubleshooting steps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments