MS To Do frequent crashing.

Anonymous
2024-01-08T16:24:15+00:00

I am a longtime user of the To Do app – since the Wunder list days. For months now the app crashes on my iPad multiple times throughout the day. I’m just sitting there looking at it and it goes away, then needs to be relaunched. At the same time it crashes the homepage widgets, like Weather, etc. all seem to reset as well. I have done absolutely every bit of cleanup you can think of – and apps are up-to-date, apps, closed down and iPad rebooted, ToDo reinstalled, plenty of storage, etc. etc. etc. please help me understand what I can do to fix this. It’s an essential app for me and really disappointing that this goes on . iPad model MK2P3LL/A, iOS 17.2, To Do version 2.112 Build 231222.1358

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft To Do | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-07T18:38:10+00:00

    Did you...

    • delete the app and its data on your iOS/iPadOS devices?
    • delete all not needed data on the server (i.e. completed tasks, old plans in Planner)?
    • restarted your iOS/iPadOS devices before reinstalling To Do?

    If you miss one of those measures, there's probably some data left that causes To Do to crash.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-06T22:04:58+00:00

    I tried these steps and the app still crashes. Will try other suggestions.

    I have the same issue with the ios app on my iphone. Please help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-02T19:51:58+00:00

    I am having the same problem on my iphone 13. It started crashing sometime between June of 2023 and Jan of 2024. Im not sure exact date as my industry was on strike and I wasn’t using the app between those dates. This seems to be happening to all of my colleagues who have iphones as well. We use this app all the time for our teams. Now we are trying to find similar apps as this problem is ongoing. I have tried everything. Often the app crashes in the middle of a meeting or when i am trying to input a task and i am forced to start all over again - as nothing saves. Really sucks because it is a wonderful app that has worked so well in the past.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-05T20:16:05+00:00

    I've encountered the same problem. The To Do app was functioning smoothly on my iPad and iPhone until recently, but now it keeps crashing on both devices. None of the other Microsoft apps I use are having similar issues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-02T15:49:45+00:00

    Same issue on iPhone and iPad. All updated. My device is managed by my company using Intune. Wondering if that is the same for you all as well?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments