Publisher giving Error 400 code?

Anonymous
2024-01-26T22:15:49+00:00

When I try to hit the pictures icon on publisher in the "Home" header to add a picture to something the window comes up saying:
"Bad Request- Request too Long. Http Error 400. the size of the request headers is too long."
If I go to insert at the top of the page and click picture there it will work for uploading pictures from my computer.
I made sure office is updated but not sure how to fix this.
Help please?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Publisher | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-30T12:29:41+00:00

    First MS tech told me to uninstall & reinstall Publisher - - - which did nothing.

    Second MS tech actually went into my computer, probably checked &/or deleted some files and then updated Publisher. That worked.

    So, although you could try both, I'd strongly recommend getting MS tech support to help you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-30T07:53:15+00:00

    I am experiencing the same problem :( USer from Philippines here!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-28T19:27:34+00:00

    Thanks! None of the other suggestions worked. This cleared it right up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-26T21:50:20+00:00

    I know that this doesnt fix the issue, but if I drug and dropped the photo into Microsoft Publisher (rather than adding the photo through the program) then the error didn't occur. Not really a solution, but a alright work-around!

    Thanks Justyn, that worked. I've updated Office and run a quick repair but neither worked this week (did work last week)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-25T13:01:14+00:00

    No resolution yet? I am having the same problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments