I got three $50 dollar charges to my microsoft charges that I cannot get more details on

Anonymous
2023-11-13T16:58:02+00:00

Nov 10, received four fraudulent charges of $50 dollar Microsoft Store credit charges billed to my credit card. One of them got rejected so three of them went through.

I looked on my Microsoft account and see the charges of three $50 dollar charges as Microsoft Store credit and no history showing what my own account was funded or how it was used to purchase anything. Should conclude that this is a fraudster that funded his own account.

I have a new credit card on the way now, trying to figure out how to get in contact with microsoft so I can dig deeper as to where the money went/how it was spent so we can catch this fraudster and provide supporting documents to my bank.

Tried calling support, get point to a website, tried the website, no help or details can be shared even though it's my own account. Please help me get more details.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-24T09:35:33+00:00

    Same thing happened to me on 11/22. I disputed with Paypal as I expected Microsoft to say, and instead of 45 days to review these fraudulent charges, they reviewed it in 1 hour and denied me. Somehow purchasing 3 $50 sets of credit to Microsoft is 'normal' according to Paypal(I have never done this in my life nor would anyone who is not a scammer do this). So I am now out $150 on Thanksgiving day due to some breach at Microsoft and theres nothing I can do about it but appeal. This sucks, I'm thinking of taking all of my subscriptions and every Microsoft product away because I can no longer trust them to be secure with my payment information.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-24T01:00:22+00:00

    Great news!! You too!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-23T21:16:54+00:00

    How did you get through to the chat? That feature hasn’t been working for Me

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-23T19:05:38+00:00

    Hi,

    This happened to me as well. A "Taelin Nachazel" joined my family and charged my card a one-time $50 Microsoft credit. I am trying to dispute this as well.

    UPDATE:

    After chatting with someone from Microsoft Contact Support, she refunded my $50 and suggested I turn on the 2-factor authenticator- which I did. She confirmed they are aware of the issue as they received multiple complaints today. Also, I noticed the hackers had been trying to access my account days before from different locations but failed multiple times. Change your passwords ASAP and turn on the 2-factor authenticator.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-23T18:08:54+00:00

    Thanks so much April!! I just submitted my refund request via Xbox. Happy Thanksgiving!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments