My sister, Ana Paula Cabrita, has added me to her Family Account. Your system rejected the first invitation because I was in a "different region". Today, the message was "looks like this invitation link is not working".
I do have an Office 365 account which expired on 26 September 2023. I have not been able to renew my license because I was prevented by Microsoft from updating my debit account details. My countless attempts to update and renew my license should be with Microsoft's database. Attempts to contact Microsoft on various platforms (Twittter, Facebook) proved to be fruitless. In view of this unfortunate situation, I opted to join my sister's Family Account, having paid her my share of the package, i.e. the cost of my normal subscription. Microsoft has since suspended my account and is threatening to disable certain function in 2024.
I live in Eswatini, Southern Africa, and am at the moment in Portugal for health reasons. We in Africa are regarded as Third World. The way Microsoft handles its clients makes me wonder whether they live in some dark corner of the Fourth World!
Joao M Cabrita
******@gmail.com
Hello Worawan Rukpayak,
Good day!Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to help you.
It's important to know the type of account you're using, because each account has a different process and a different support category.
What type of account is affected? is outlook.com account, Hotmail account, or professional/educational account.
If you are using professional/educational account example: ******@schooldomain.com It's possible that the invitation link may have expired or there may be an issue with the email client or browser being used to access the link.
I recommend checking the expiration date of the invitation link and ensuring that the email client and browser being used are up to date. If the issue persists, you may need to resend the invitation link to your friends.
However, to better understand the problem and provide a solution, we need more details from you, please provide us with the following information. Thank you.
1-Please are you sharing Microsoft 365 Family subscription? If yes let us i will move your case to the dedicated team.
.
Reference: Someone invited you to share their Microsoft 365 Family subscription - Microsoft Support
2-Please may i know if you are sharing your "Office 365 account" in order to grants them access to the subscription benefits including 1 TB or personal OneDrive storage and desktop apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook at no charge to them. If yes! please let me know i will move your issue to the dedicated team.
3-Please if my understanding it is correct may i know the purpose of the link you shared
We look forward to your reply. This requested information will help us narrow down the scenario and find the right troubleshooting. We will continue to assist you based on the information you provide. I sincerely appreciate your patience and cooperation.
Sincerely,Eben Ezer Tres | Microsoft Community Moderator