How to stop Microsoft SharePoint pop up continually asking me to share confidential information stored in keychain

Anonymous
2023-01-10T15:10:48+00:00

Hi, I no longer have or use Microsoft SharePoint (as far as I can see by searching my applications) but I continually get a pop up on my Mac saying that Microsoft SharePoint wants to sue my confidential information stored in 'Microsoft Identity xxxxxx' in my keychain. It then asks me to allow or deny. I always click Deny, but I have to click it approx 10 times before it dissapears. It then reappears about an hour later and repeats every day. its very frustrating. Any ideas on how I can stop this???

Thanks

Paul

Microsoft 365 and Office | SharePoint | Other | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-29T12:30:43+00:00

    Add me to the list of users who have the annoying pop-up. Nothing that was listed here has worked for me. My husband and children have a Mac and we share office and they do NOT have the same issue!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-08-02T09:34:52+00:00

    OK - to add to my post above I have rebooted and typed my system password (the one I use to get into my Mac) and the pop-up doesn't arrive any more on the next reboot. Incidentally it may have been Edge that installed this 'feature' but it is now One Drive that needs it...!

    So, I dont use any Microsoft applications, absolutely detest Microsoft (I have to use OneDrve to be compatible with shared files) so how do I delete SharePoint as we have no use for it and OneDrive didn't need it before Edge was installed?

    Hopeful post as maybe someone will find a solution one day?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-06-14T08:19:11+00:00

    Dear Kathrin Rüppel,

    We apologize for all the trouble caused by this issue.

    Do you have a Microsoft 365 Business account? If yes, you can contact Microsoft Phone Support Get support - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn

    Or if you have a personal Microsoft account, you can talk to a support agent by simply describing the issue on this page Contact - Microsoft Support, then click Get Help, click 'Contact Support' on the bottom, choose Products and services(Microsoft 365 and Office), choose Category(Technical Support), click Confirm, then you will get a link to chat with a support agent.

    Appreciate your patience and understanding and thank you for your time and cooperation.

    Sincerely,

    Tina | Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2023-01-17T05:53:22+00:00

    Dear Paul,

    Thank you for sharing the screenshot. We can see that you sign in Office with personal account and it shows the connected service is personal OneDrive, not SharePoint.

    To do further troubleshooting for the SharePoint pop up issue, we still recommend you try to contact Microsoft Support via this page as we suggested in previous reply. The support team can remotely assist you and check the environment from your side. This would be the most efficient way in handling this case for you.

    Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

    I hope you stay safe and healthy.

    Sincerely,

    Tina | Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments