OneNote sign in and synching problem!

Anonymous
2022-04-26T15:21:05+00:00

Hello, in my one note app I keep getting the synching error which ask me to sign in. I click on the sign in button but no window open for me to sign in. I did many trouble shhoting steps, by deleting the app bu non worked. I have two devices and both are the same.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For education | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-04-26T21:00:48+00:00

    I just reported this issue through feedback ( https://www.onenote.com/feedback ) as below:

    OneNote for Windows 10 page sync is broken since 4/26/2022 making it unusable. Many users are hitting this issue. See https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/onenote-sign-in-and-synching-problem/f5c801fd-78cc-4314-bddb-b835b92d9ace?page=2 Please fix this bug as soon as possible. I'm holding off edits in fear that page viewing will fail like other users.


    I'm not sure if I will get any response. I tried giving feedback for an export issue, and there is still no reply or a fix for a month. Support rep (during support chat) for the export issue told me feedback is the fastest way to get development team's attention and dismissed my request to log a bug at the time. So I haven't tried initiating any support chat on this issue. There should be a better way for customers to escalate issues to development team.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-04-26T20:49:17+00:00

    You're welcome. There's nothing more infuriating than a dead thread that ends in "I don't have the problem anymore, bye," but dead silence is pretty close.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-04-26T19:54:02+00:00

    I have the same issue as well. when I sign out and sign in again in OneNote for Windows 10, I get a different error:

    There was an error communicating with the endpoint at 'https://docs.live.net/xxx'; The server returned HTTP status code '401 (0x191)'.; The requested resource requires user authentication/ The operation identifier is not valid Error 0x803D0005

    Any ETA on a fix? Started happening today.

    My notebooks open in OneNote for 365 (the desktop app) fine with no issues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-04-26T19:52:06+00:00

    I have the same issue as well. when I sign out and sign in again in OneNote for Windows 10, I get a different error:

    There was an error communicating with the endpoint at 'https://docs.live.net/xxx'; The server returned HTTP status code '401 (0x191)'.; The requested resource requires user authentication/ The operation identifier is not valid Error 0x803D0005

    Any ETA on a fix? Started happening today.

    My notebooks open in OneNote for 365 (the desktop app) fine with no issues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-04-26T19:38:09+00:00

    Many thanks for the update. It's a shame we did not get that proactively from MS.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments