OneNote sign in and synching problem!

Anonymous
2022-04-26T15:21:05+00:00

Hello, in my one note app I keep getting the synching error which ask me to sign in. I click on the sign in button but no window open for me to sign in. I did many trouble shhoting steps, by deleting the app bu non worked. I have two devices and both are the same.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For education | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-04-29T13:37:35+00:00

    Dear All,

    Thanks for your updates and information here.

    I recommend you back up the notebooks and try resetting OneNote for Windows 10 to see if the issue persists in your environments after doing that.

    If yes, as the issue has gone away in some users' environments here and the built-in Feedback option is the direct way to reach our related team, I suggest you report the issue to our related team by using the built-in Feedback option in OneNote for Windows 10 as soon as possible so that they can investigate the issues in your environment further.

    I'm very sorry for that our category may have limited resources and permissions contacting our related team directly. 

    Thanks of ryour understanding and have a nice day!

    Cliff

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-04-28T16:04:15+00:00

    There's no update from microsoft because they make trash products and literally do not care when they break.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-04-28T16:01:22+00:00

    Same exact issue here. Started 2 days ago on the 26th. I called microsoft and stayed on the phone with them for forever, they had me install the actual software and not the app and it worked for about 20 minutes and then kicked me out of my account on that program too. I can't sync anything. I can't access anything. Microsoft, once again, showing me why I should have gone with an iPad instead of a garbage windows product.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-04-28T14:25:27+00:00

    ...To contact our related team directly, I suggest you use the application’s built-in Feedback option (Settings>Feedback). After clicking on the option, they may receive your feedback and report for further investigation. Sorry for that our category may have limited resources and permissions contacting our related team directly. 

    ...

    Hi Cliff Gu MSFT,

    Thank you for the article on resetting the app. My app is fortunately still working since 3 pm April 26. I suppose after a few days of waiting, if some users still have issues and are willing to start from scratch, these resetting steps would help.

    Regarding how customers should escalate software bugs (reproducible by multiple users) to development team:


    I'm getting a sense that in Microsoft I will have to use the community forum + app feedback. The one-on-one support chat seems more helpful in resolving user-specific issues or getting guidance.

    I've seen 2 legitimate software OneNote bugs in the past month -- this sync issue and OneNote for the web version removing export feature without announcement. After a support rep reproduced the export problem during a one-on-one chat with me, I was told to provide feedback to development team to get their attention even though I pointed him to a community forum with multiple users hitting the same issue. I provided feedback but got no reply, and that issue is not fixed. More support reps are now telling users to use the OneNote app (formerly called OneNote 2016) to export notebooks now. For this sync issue, I joined this community forum and provided feedback on the first day pointing back to this thread.

    I respect what Microsoft provides for customers, but I find the process of reporting software bugs puzzling and unique. Last year, there was an export issue with another big software company. A user reported export not working in the community forum. As soon as 2 users reported the same problem in the community forum, the support rep said he would report the problem to development team and escalate it. It took 4 months for development team to fix that issue, but at least the support rep mentioned that work is being done by development team, where the problem is -- in a server in a remote region causing issues -- and provided updates. In the meantime, users had a decent workaround to export individual folders using the same app instead of exporting to one Zip file. App feedback was used for the issue only when development team had to look into user's PC.

    Anyway, if community forum + app feedback is Microsoft's preferred way (?) of users reporting reproducible software bugs, I will go with that. I just thought development teams would find it annoying that users are reporting bugs through feedback.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments