Microsoft 365 features that help users manage their subscriptions, account settings, and billing information.
I found this article and looks like some recent changes in sending limits.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
We have been sending automated emails through a python script for a while now and suddenly getting this error:
Failed to send an E-mail through the specified SMTP server [smtp.office365.com]:
Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.2.252 Sender throttled due to continuous send as denied errors.
[Hostname=BN9PR12MB5179.namprd12.prod.outlook.com]
All of the login/password information is correct in the python script for sending the email, so why is this suddenly happening?
Microsoft 365 features that help users manage their subscriptions, account settings, and billing information.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I found this article and looks like some recent changes in sending limits.
That link showed up in our SMTP log and I noticed the article date of 7/19 and figured it was related.
2021-07-21 08:01:47 52.96.79.130 OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 IMISERVER3 - 0 - - 432+4.3.2+Concurrent+connections+limit+exceeded.+Visit+https://aka.ms/concurrent_sending +for+more+information.+[Hostname=CH2PR12MB4310.namprd12.prod.outlook.com] 0 0 161 0 484 SMTP - - - -
Unfortunately, my issue came back.
Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.2.252 Sender throttled due to continuous send as denied errors.
[Hostname=DM6PR12MB4793.namprd12.prod.outlook.com]
I noticed that for the two mailboxes that have the issue, there are a lot of "SendAs" events, which is baffling because I am using the owner to send out the email, there is no "SendAS" required.
For the mailbox which doesn't have the issue, I don't find any "SendAs" event.
I have updated the MS tech, hopefully, they will come out of some permanent fix soon for everyone.
Hi ahesse47
I'm following up on this thread, any update?
Thanks,
Momo
Hi ahesse47
Greetings
Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.
To help me better assist you kindly verify how you're accessing your outlook, is it via outlook on the web or outlook desktop client.
You can try to perform the following steps to help resolve the issue:
Please feel free to let me know how it goes
Regards,
Momo