Word templates not opening as new documents

Anonymous
2022-02-07T06:40:36+00:00

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/word-templates-not-opening-as-new-documents/36dd51b5-b434-4f2b-85be-3db9aebd45eb?page=6

The thread was closed after this last post. Registry edits were suggested. That sounds quite easy compared to dealing with the ongoing file save problem.

Would you please tell me how to manually correct the file associations in the registry?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2022-02-11T04:18:03+00:00

    With your almost all black screen shot that does no display the URL, it is not possible to tell if you are in the right place or not

    Image

    However, try this link

    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmuIXmFDy-1azRleiH9ET2Wk-qL5?e=c3DPZg

    or as offered earlier if you contact me at email address in my signature I will send you a copy of the two files

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-02-11T02:48:48+00:00

    This is what I'm getting. I don't see the links. I'm using Chrome, which is updated

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Suzanne S Barnhill 279.4K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2022-02-11T02:23:08+00:00

    You can't click on either of those MP4 links?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2022-02-11T00:28:09+00:00

    However, if you contact me at the email address in my signature I will send the two videos to you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-02-11T00:18:58+00:00

    Yes. I think the share might not be "anyone with link" in dropbox language :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments