'This product is already installed on another device' message issue

Anonymous
2021-09-06T08:34:44+00:00

I have just bought HP Pavillion 14-DV0055TU Laptop, it has microsoft office pre-installed in it. But when I try to use PPT, word, etc it says 'This product is already installed on another device', when I checked only my device is being shown in my account. Please help, I have tried contacting through telephone but not receiving any support.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-10-02T15:14:34+00:00

    Is it possible if this can be escalated? I have two friends who experienced the same issue. My theory, could be related to an update.

    Things were done so far:

    • Ran the SaraTool to uninstall
    • Remove Office via the registry
    • Removed the Microsoft Account within Windows (Settings > Account)
    • Tried the Offline installer
    • After re-installing, still getting the same error 'This product is already installed on another device.
    • Even from the MSA account, it does not let the user use the key since the key is unviewable via the "services and subscription" tab and take note, Office license was purchased separately and it did not come preloaded

    Hope anyone can answer this.

    Thanks,

    Rich

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-10-01T11:52:26+00:00

    Hii Sakthi Siva KandanSengottaiyan

    Can you please tell how your problem get solved. how you contacted the support team member?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-09-30T19:02:26+00:00

    Mine is solved, David from support team helped.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-09-30T17:22:06+00:00

    Hi Eve,

    You have any idea what exactly she did.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-09-30T17:17:48+00:00

    Hi Stefan,

    HP offline store representative, told me to use just my outlook credentials, he said clearly there is no key needed, for pre-installed Microsoft office Home & Student.

    Pre-installed Microsoft office Home & Student was working fine, for few days then later I am facing this problem.

    Note:

    I have created this Microsoft outlook account during Laptop purchase, I have only one laptop. I am 100% sure, there is no problem from my side.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments