Sun/moon (switch mode) button is missing in word 365

Anonymous
2021-05-12T18:00:39+00:00

Hi! 

I've switch word to dark mode but it didn't change the paper and I don't see any "change option" in view tab.

I'm using word 365 provided by our university. Version 2103 build 13901.20516

I've tried to update everything and I rebooted my PC ras well. 

(word is in czech language)

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-11-12T13:30:00+00:00

    Found a fix to this. Our standard install with updates did not add the feature. Downloading The updated .exe via the office 365 page and letting it run on the machine fixed it.

    I suspect that Older versions of office may have issues with this feature. Rebuilding it using the .exe from Offcie365 website may repair/add it back in.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-07-10T07:16:59+00:00

    Mine are both with intel cpu. Also both have black outlook.

    Strange is that on desktop I did not even swithed it to black page mode manually. It was on by itself 10 days ago when I opened word. Also both computers have latest updates.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-05-14T06:25:12+00:00

    Hi Auri,

    I'm writing this thread for monitoring, if you still need assistance, please feel free to post back at your convenience.

    Wish you a nice day and please take care!😊

    Best regards,

    Gloria

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-05-13T06:48:58+00:00

    Hi Auri,

    As for your issue, per our test, it seems Sun/Moon button works in Outlook, may I confirm again are you able to use this feature before? Can you see the button in Outlook?

    Appreciate your cooperation.

    Best regards,

    Gloria

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-05-12T18:25:12+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments