Sun/moon (switch mode) button is missing in word 365

Anonymous
2021-05-12T18:00:39+00:00

Hi! 

I've switch word to dark mode but it didn't change the paper and I don't see any "change option" in view tab.

I'm using word 365 provided by our university. Version 2103 build 13901.20516

I've tried to update everything and I rebooted my PC ras well. 

(word is in czech language)

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Stefan Blom 353.7K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-10-28T17:50:37+00:00

    The Black theme appears to be working as expected here (Word 2021). I haven't tested 365 after the most recent update.

    Sometimes, you have to select and clear the "Disable dark mode" a couple of times and restart Word in between.

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-10-13T13:41:06+00:00

    Does not work for me. Button is still missing and not showing up regardless of how often i tick "Disable dark mode", quit word, restart it and remove the "disable dark mode" tick and restart. No Switch Mode Button on my Laptop. Works fine on my desktop....

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Stefan Blom 353.7K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-08-27T21:01:47+00:00

    If you select the "Disable dark mode" option, you won't see the Switch Modes button.

    Clear the option, and the button returns to the View tab:

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Stefan Blom 353.7K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-08-18T23:44:32+00:00

    The "Disable dark mode" button is not working properly. Sometimes, you have to toggle the option several times, and exit Word in between, and then you can get the desired option to stick. That is what I had to do for the screen shot in my previous reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-08-18T22:40:31+00:00

    Does that only work in and is this 'sun/moon' button only in the most recent build releases of 365? I rolled mine back to Version 2101 because I could not work well with the "Modern Comments" feature--but I have this same same "Disable Dark Mode" checkbox, it just doesn't seem to DO anything, and I cannot find any "sun/moon" button to switch the page to black like I want to.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments