MS Access crashes when filtering a table or SELECT query

Anonymous
2020-01-21T18:57:16+00:00

Since about 1/20/2020, my MS Access software (from my Office 365 edition/Windows 10) will crash when I try to filter a database table or filter the results from a SELECT query.  This hasn't been a problem previously. 

Version 1912 (Build 12325.20298)

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-02-04T04:15:09+00:00

    The latest Office update corrected this issue for me.   Version 1912 Build ( 12325.20344).

    -Doug

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-01-31T18:26:01+00:00

    Can you give any more detail than that, Kevin?  'keeps hanging up' when you boot?  When you open a database?  When you perform a particular operation?

    Are you saying it hangs when you do a filter?  Does it happen only for certain databases/tables/filters?

    If it happens consistently with a particular table/filter, would you be willing to share your database?

    Shane Groff

    Access Engineering

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-01-31T13:40:48+00:00

    Version 1911 (Build 12228.20364) appears to be working for us.  Started using it yesterday morning and got through a whole day without crashing, which is a first in weeks now.  We did not go back further because that one fixed an issue the previous update (or one right before it) had caused, as noted.  I’m not sure if it’s just an Office 365 thing but I’ve never seen updates cause so many issues with Access as a couple of them have in the past few months.  We use Access a lot and are familiar with database corruptions, pouring everything into a new database occasionally, office repair and the usual fixes.  None of that helped with this latest issue of intermittent crashing while working with queries.  It didn’t effect everyone though.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-01-31T13:22:09+00:00

    Microsoft released a new version last night - 2001 Build 12430.20184.

    I am on that version now. I will be using it today and I guess we will see if it is still crashing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-01-30T18:27:16+00:00

    Just as an FYI, I don't know about fixes, but they can switch "flags" (I believe was the term employed) at their end that directly impact everyone's installations.  So without effectively performing any updates, they can change your applications.  I state this because it happened in other threads in the past.  O365 (amongst others) are constantly communicating with Microsoft and thus they can remotely change things without any actual Windows/Office updates being applied.

    But since MS has added this issue to their Fixes page, nor responded here (or elsewhere) this is all speculation and may all be coincidental.  Who knows.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments