MS Access crashes when filtering a table or SELECT query

Anonymous
2020-01-21T18:57:16+00:00

Since about 1/20/2020, my MS Access software (from my Office 365 edition/Windows 10) will crash when I try to filter a database table or filter the results from a SELECT query.  This hasn't been a problem previously. 

Version 1912 (Build 12325.20298)

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-01-30T17:39:55+00:00

    I am trying Version 12/10/2019 Version 1911 (Build 12228.20364).

    So far, we've tried importing everything into a new database, compacting and repairing, running debug/compile and none of those have stopped the crashes.  I will see if the above build fixes it.  We did not go back further to 1910, because I think that one had another bug that crippled update queries of single tables with criteria in them, which broke some other critical processes for a little while.

    I believe 1911 fixed this issue which 1910 (or the one before that) had caused for us: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/access-error-query-is-corrupt-fad205a5-9fd4-49f1-be83-f21636caedec

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-01-30T17:01:36+00:00

    I down graded my user to Version 1911 (Build 12228.20364) from Version 1912 (Build 12325.20298) and for the last day in a half it has not crashed. I used the following instructions. build 12228.20364 in the xxxxx.yyyyy part if you are confused

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2770432/how-to-revert-to-an-earlier-version-of-office-2013-or-office-2016-clic

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-01-30T13:32:26+00:00

    Another thing that I am noticing is that when I click on Design View of a query the view screen will open but it is completely blank. I have to close the query and do it again.

    I do not recall that happening before. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

    If someone rolls their version back and has a build that works 100% then please let us know and I will see if my IT department will do mine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-01-29T20:34:32+00:00

    Try reverting back to 1911, 1910, ... To see if it's a recent update causing the issue.  Please report back your findings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-01-28T21:31:41+00:00

    I have 2 different - unconnected - databases that are affected - One is a recently added, small database with limited fields and record count. 

    I must conclude that a recent Microsoft update caused the problem.

    I am running them concurrently on another computer that has not been updated recently to check it out.  Will post results.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments