One Note - Hiding completed tasks once completed on Desktop

Anonymous
2020-01-25T07:35:53+00:00

Where in One Note desktop version is the hide completed tasks from To Do lists. On my phone the completed tasks disappear but on the desktop they all remain making this a useless very long To Do list - finding open tasks is awful. Having to fully delete Tasks in To Do lists in Desktop OneNote leaves no record of ever doing the task. Often I want to check when I completed it - particularly with my work account. There should be an option in the ribbon to hide completed To Do's once completed. If it does exist I would love to know how to do it as I can't find it. 

I have started using OneNote at work and on my personal account for organising and recording daily activities and this flaw is making me have to look at alternatives for To Do lists which is a shame, as the mobile version seems to have the functionality. 

Regards

Julian Floyd

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-05T17:34:38+00:00

    We are now at March of 2021 and nothing has changed and Microsoft has not responded to this thread at all. It is a simple programming fix that, obviously, users are begging for. I cannot fathom why this is so difficult. When the check box gets clicked, the item gets deleted.... you can even have a pop up box asking "are you sure?" if you want....

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-04-24T13:38:36+00:00

    Very keen to find out if any progress was made here - please share an update?  I have the same issue and a a totally compulsive list maker.  This will make my life a lot easier.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-04-12T16:44:56+00:00

    Having the same issue. Would be very helpful to get this fixed

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-04-11T06:45:36+00:00

    I'm having the same issue. Has this been solved?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-23T13:48:16+00:00

    Google Keep does this seamlessly and so easily.

    I don't understand why Microsoft is so useless and has such poor customer service.

    Its easy! Check Item, Item disappears. Want to see Item, check option to see checked Items. How hard is it?

    Come on Microsoft! 

    Wake up!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments